Get your Christmas cheer on and enjoy everything that Bray has to offer this festive season…
The festive season is just around the corner, Bray and District Chamber of Commerce, bray.ie and Bray Municipal District, Wicklow County Council have come together to launch their Christmas marketing campaign for 2023. This campaign aims to encourage the Bray community to continue to shop, hire, and source locally to help build a more robust base for local economic growth. Additionally, it invites everyone to enjoy the yuletide events and activities taking place throughout the town this December.
This year’s Bray festive season is jam-packed full of an impressive range of events, from watching ‘Christmas movies at Mermaid’, visiting ‘Santa at Festina Lente’, and exploring the ‘Killruddery Christmas Markets’ to catching ‘Candlelight Concerts’ and of course the town centre ‘Christmas lights’ so, grab your best winter coat and prepare your best festive cheer… this Christmas is going to be one to remember.
Kieran Ward, the new Bray & District Chamber of Commerce President said, “There’s no better way to get your Christmas cheer on than enjoying what our amazing town has to offer. There is an array of festive events and activities taking place throughout the town so why not join us?”
Pictured at the launch of the Christmas in Bray 2023 marketing campaign (left to right) are Garvan Hickey, District Administrator, Kieran Ward, the new Bray & District Chamber of Commerce President, Cathaoirleach of Bray Municipal District, Melanie Corrigan, Santa Claus and Adam Burke.
It was the most wonderful time of the year, especially when the Town Centre Christmas lights were officially switched on. This year, the magical event took place on Saturday, November 25th, starting from 5 pm in the Civic Plaza. Attendees got ready to sing their hearts out with MC Adam Burke and watched as Urban X Dance Group performed an amazing, fun, energetic, upbeat dance routine.
While the strong crowd waited for Father Christmas to arrive and switch on the town’s Christmas lights, Santa’s playful elves might have stirred up some fun. But no worries, Adam kept them under control with help from all the kids in attendance.
Serena Healy and her family won our ‘Push the button’ competition and helped Santa officially switch on #Bray’s Christmas Lights on Saturday evening.
A big thanks to everyone who attended the switch-on.
#ShopLocalFirst this Christmas…
Cllr Melanie Corrigan, Cathaoirleach of Bray Municipal District said, “The Christmas in Bray campaign aims to drive footfall into the town so I’m encouraging consumers to spend locally. To support this campaign, free parking will be available at the Herbert Road Car Park (Council-owned portion) every weekend from Saturday, November 25th until Sunday, December 31st so it makes perfect sense for everyone to shop local first this year.”
This Christmas Bray is packed full of incredible experiences, events and activities…
Not only will Bray sparkle and twinkle this Christmas the town is packed full of incredible experiences, events and activities that you can’t get anywhere else and will give you a little extra festive cheer. They include:
- Town Centre Christmas Lights and Giant Christmas Tree at the Civic Plaza
- Christmas Projections on the Town Hall and Civic offices
- Santa’s Post Box – children wanting to send letters to Father Christmas can do so at the Bray Town Hall until Friday, December 15th… scroll down further to learn more
- #ChristmasInBray Colouring and Photography competitions… scroll down further to learn more
- Top 10 Christmas Gifts list available from local retailers
- #ChristmasInBray Spotify playlist… scroll down further to learn more
- Christmas events and activities for kids at Ballywaltrim Library… scroll down further to learn more
- Santa Claus at Killruddery with Me and the Moon – Sold out
- Killruddery Christmas Market takes place from Saturday, November 18th and will run every Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm in the lead-up to Christmas and also on Thursday, December 21st from 10 am to 5 pm and Friday, December 22nd from noon to 8 pm
- Killruddery Christmas Wreath-Making Workshops on various dates in November and December
- Purple House’s Christmas Candlelight Service on Friday, December 1st at 7 pm in Christ Church
- Classics by Candlelight at Christ Church returns for its fourteenth year on Sunday, December 3rd at 7:30 pm
- The Mermaid has an array of festive shows including the WhistleBlast’s Winter Wonderland on Sunday, December 3rd, Polar Bear and a Penguin on Tuesday, December 5th, Junior Musicals Presents Jingle All The Way on December 8th and 9th
- Hardy Har Christmas Special takes place on Thursday, December 7th featuring Deirdre O’Kane and Sharon Mannion with their two ‘work in progress’ shows
- Visit Santa & The Mini Ponies at Festina Lente on Saturday, December 8th and Sunday, December 9th from 10 am
- Sunbeam House Services Ardú Film Festival takes place at the Mermaid on Tuesday, December 12th
- Good Craic Comedy Club’s final show of 2023 takes place on Wednesday, December 13th at 8:15 pm
- Christmas Movies at Mermaid kicks off on Friday, December 15th with Die Hard followed by It’s a Wonderful Life on Monday, December 18th, Elf on Friday, December 22nd and The Muppet Christmas Carol and White Christmas on Saturday, December 23rd
- Christmas Card Workshop with Me + The Moon at the Mermaid on Saturday, December 16th
- Carols by Candlelight at Christ Church on Sunday, December 17th at 7 pm
- The annual Charity Swim takes place on New Year’s Day at 12 noon opposite the Strand Hotel. The event is organised by the Bray Lions Club. To date, the charity swim has raised over €340,000 for local causes. Get event updates here.
- Barbie, Pennington and The Miracle Club kick off the movie screenings at Mermaid from January 5th
Simply click on the #ChristmasInBray event/activity image below to reveal more information.
Make a break for Bray this festive season…
There’s plenty to keep you and your family busy between the Christmas events so why not make a break for Bray this festive season and explore things to see and do, eat and drink, places to stay and more hit the menu button to start planning your visit and with free car parking available in the Herbert Road Car Park (Council-owned portion) every weekend from Saturday, November 25th until Sunday, December 31st there’s no better time to shop local first and support the business community.
Get your community event listed on bray.ie
If you are hosting a community event this Christmas, bray.ie is more than happy to help promote an event or events for free, simply complete the online submission form here.
Thanks to the local business community…
“Many thanks to the local businesses whose contribution has directly helped to make Bray town such a welcoming and cheery sight for shoppers this festive season,” concluded Kieran.
All events and activities are subject to change without notice. Competitions close on Friday, December 15th 2023.
Join the conversation – Use the hashtags #ChristmasInBray #GetYourChristmasCheerOn #WinterInBray #LoveBray #BestOfBray
The Christmas in Bray marketing campaign is supported by Bray Chamber, Bray Municipal District – Wicklow County Council and bray.ie. bray.ie is a trading name of Bray Tourism.