The Members of Wicklow County Council at Special Meetings on the 28th and 29th of March 2022, having considered the Draft Wicklow County Development Plan 2022-2028 and the Chief Executive’s Report on submissions received, have resolved that the Draft Development Plan be amended. The proposed amendments constitute material alterations to the Draft Plan.
The Proposed Amendments and associated documents will be available to view and download from the Council’s website consult.wicklow.ie from Wednesday 27th April 2022 to Wednesday 25th May 2022 inclusive.
Printed copies will be on display at the following locations from Wednesday 27th April 2022 to Wednesday 25th May 2022 inclusive:
- Wicklow Town Wicklow County Council, County Buildings, Station Road, Wicklow Town
- Arklow Arklow Municipal District Office, Castle Park, Arklow Town
- Blessington Blessington Civic Offices, Blessington Business Park, Blessington
- Bray Bray Municipal District Office, Civic Offices, Main Street, Bray
- Greystones Greystones Municipal District Office, Mill Road, Greystones
Making A Submission
Submissions or observations regarding the Proposed Material Amendments to the Draft Plan and associated Addenda are hereby invited from the public and interested bodies.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 12 (7) OF THE PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT ONLY SUBMISSIONS IN RELATION TO THE PROPOSED AMENDMENTS AND/OR THE ADDENDA REPORTS CAN BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION AT THIS STAGE OF PLAN MAKING. SUBMISSIONS NOT ADHERING TO THESE CRITERIA WILL BE CONSIDERED INVALID.
Submissions may be made in one of the following ways
- Via the Consultation Portal consult.wicklow.ie, or
- Write to: County Development Plan Review, Planning Department, Wicklow County Council, Station Road, Wicklow Town
Email submissions will not be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 5pm Wednesday 25th May 2022. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- All submissions are to be clearly marked with ‘WICKLOW COUNTY DEVELOPMENT PLAN’ and the PROPOSED AMENDMENT NUMBER.
- All submissions should include your name and a contact address, a map (where appropriate) and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent.
- Please make your submission by one medium only, i.e. via the portal or hard copy.
- All submissions will form a part of the statutory Chief Executive’s report to be presented to the elected members of Wicklow County Council.
- Please be advised that all submissions received will be published online in accordance with the requirements of the Planning Act. You should ensure that no vexatious, libellous or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement. Please be advised that the name of the person(s)/group(s) who made the submission will be published, but personal data will be redacted.