St. Patrick’s Day was celebrated in style in Bray with yet another fantastic parade. From around 2 pm today (Friday, March 17th, 2023) thousands lined the parade route to watch the colourful procession.
The parade featured a significant multicultural element, music, dancing, as well as other entertainment all celebrating the spirit of St. Patrick. This year’s Grand Marshall Bray ‘Person of the Year’ Dr David Menzies lead the 1,500-strong participants as they spectacularly made their way through the town.
President of the Bray & District Chamber of Commerce, Sarah Finnegan said, ‘The parade is an opportunity to bring together families and friends, old and young to celebrate our culture. It was great to see spectators enjoying all the colour, fun and excitement. The parade is part of our weekend celebration as the festival continues until Monday. There are some incredible free family fun events still to come.’
2023 Parade Award Winners
- Best Overall Entry – Studio X Dance Group
- Highly Commended Award – Shauna McGauran School of Irish Dancing
- Most Entertaining Entry – McGrath Flood School of Irish Dancing
- Best Community Entry – Bray for Love
- Best Sports Entry – Bray Emmets GAA Club
- Best Spirit of St. Patrick’s Day – Enniskerry Youth Club AFC
Bray Parade 2023 Photo Gallery
The five-day festival runs until Monday, March 20th. The jam-packed programme includes Bird’s Euroshow Funfair, live music, an open-air céilí, talks, a walk, a treasure hunt, movies by the Bandstand and more. You can read more about the festival here.
‘A huge amount of planning and preparation goes into the festival each year. Without our sponsors Bird’s Euroshow Funfair and Wicklow County Council, our committee, volunteers, service providers, participants, and the emergency services this would not be possible. A heartfelt gratitude to those who contributed to the festival’s ongoing success,’ concluded Sarah.
Bray’s St. Patrick’s Festival is proudly brought to you by Bray & District Chamber of Commerce, Wicklow County Council and Bray.ie. Bray.ie is the trading name of Bray Tourism.
Latest news – Be sure to stay up to date by following bray.ie on Twitter, Facebook or on Instagram.
Share images or videos of your own trip or holiday moments in Bray Join the conversation – Festival hashtags are #StPatricksFestivalBray #PaddysBray #PaddysBré #Bray #LoveBray.
Parade participating groups
We want to extend a huge thank you to the many businesses, artists, community groups and clubs that helped to make this year’s parade happen:
- 11th Wicklow Kilmacanogue Beavers Group
- 12th Wicklow St. Peter’s Bray Scout Group
- Ardmore Rovers Football Club
- Bray Adventurers
- Bray Community First Responders
- Bray Emmets GAA Club
- Bray For Love
- Bray Hockey Club
- Bray Junior Musicals
- Bray Lions Club
- Bray Vintage Car Club
- Crumlin Marching Band
- Enniskerry Youth club AFC
- Gerry Martin & Ruby, the Collie in the Fire Brigade
- Lakers Social and Recreation
- Lawless Academy of Irish Dancing
- Masters Temple Martial Arts Academy
- McGrath Flood School of Irish Dancing
- Me and The Moon
- Shankill GAA
- Shauna McGauran School of Irish Dancing
- Signal Arts
- Southside Chinese Residents Association
- Peters Football Club
- Studio X Dance Group
- The Boomerang Band (UK)
- The Perfect Stone Company
- Twilight Twirlers
- World Cup Blitz (In aid of Make a Wish)