Téigh go Bré chun ár gcultúr agus ár n-oidhreacht a cheiliúradh!
Tá Bré lán d’eispéiris dochreidte nach féidir leat a fháil áit ar bith eile agus mar sin tabhair leat an teaghlach ar fad chuig Féile Pádraig áit ar féidir leat taitneamh a bhaint as neart imeachtaí thar an deireadh seachtaine fada lena n-áirítear Aonach Siamsaíochta Bird’s Euroshow, ceol beo, agus oscailte- aer céilí, cainteanna, siúlóid, tóraíocht taisce, ceardlanna, scannáin ag an Bandstand, Paráid Bhré Lá Fhéile Pádraig agus go leor eile.
Beidh an fhéile ar siúl ón Déardaoin, 16ú Márta go dtí Dé Luain, 20ú Márta, 2023. 5 lá de spraoi iontach teaghlaigh atá ann!
Head to Bray to celebrate our culture and heritage!
This year’s St. Patrick’s Festival and Parade in Bray is bigger than ever. The Festival will run for five days from Thursday, March 16th until Monday, March 20th, 2023.
The jam-packed programme includes Bird’s Euroshow Funfair, live music, an open-air céilí, talks, a walk, a treasure hunt, movies by the Bandstand, the St. Patrick’s Day Bray Parade and more.
President of the Bray & District Chamber of Commerce, Sarah Finnegan welcomes residents and visitors alike to this year’s festival. ‘With a five-day programme hosting a range of over thirty events and activities, there is plenty of fun and family-friendly ways to celebrate our national day in Bray. Together with the support of our sponsors Bird’s Euroshow and Wicklow County Council, Bray Chamber have arranged a number of free-of-charge events that we hope all the family can enjoy.’
The St. Patrick’s Day Parade will be a cultural celebration. There are excellent vantage points for all to get an opportunity to marvel at the strong 1,500 participants as they spectacularly make their way through the town.
Again this year, organisers have teamed up with the Bray Autism Friendly Town Team and there will be a quiet zone at the Parade at the junction of Quinsborough Road and Seymour Road.
The Parade Grand Marshall this year is Bray’s ‘Person of the Year’ Dr David Menzies. Dr Menzies is a founding member of Bray Cardiac First responders and a founding member and volunteer with Wicklow Rapid Response. He is also a founder, former Chair and currently Trustee, Board Member and Medical Director of CFR Ireland, a national registered charity for Community First Responders.
There will be road closures in place on Thursday, March 17th from 1 pm until after 3 pm to facilitate the Parade route. Roads affected include Main Street, Florence Road, Eglinton Road, Quinsboro Road, Seymour Road, Seapoint Road, Strand Road and surrounding junctions.
This year’s St. Patrick’s Festival has something for all the family. Take a look at the highlights:
Events/activities running throughout the festival from Thursday, March 16th until Monday, March 20th 2023:
- Enjoy all the thrills and spills of the Bird’s Euroshow Funfair as it returns to Bray Seafront from Thursday, March 16th until Monday, March 20th. It opens on Thursday, March 16th at 3 pm then daily from 12 noon to 10 pm.
- At your leisure grab the family or a bunch of friends for an adventuresome day out with Family Treasure Hunt Experience. The questionnaire is available here.
- Learn how to Irish dance with a virtual Céilí by Scoil Rince Fáinne. Watch here or scroll down further down this page to view.
- Throughout the festival watch as iconic Bray District landmarks including the Town Hall, Civic Offices & The Bandstand #GoGreen in celebration of our National Day.
- There’s some cracking live music throughout the town’s many venues. Full music listings can be found here.
Thursday, March 16th 2023:
- Making waves – An immersive multi-sensory dance theatre production designed specifically for children aged 8 to 13 years with mild to more complex needs takes place at the Mermaid at 10:15 am & 12:15 pm. See mermaidartscentre.ie to book.
- At 4 pm join White Doodle Workshops and create a fun St. Patrick’s Day mixed-media Snake… Draw, paint, print and stamp to create a fun sake! Sign up for free here. Places are limited – booking is essential.
- Learn about the International Hotel, from start to finish, a talk by James Scannell hosted by the Bray Cualann Historical Society at the Royal Hotel at 8 pm. Read more at braycualannhistoricalsociety.ie.
Friday, March 17th 2023:
- The festival’s main event, the St. Patrick’s Day Bray Parade will kick off at 2 pm from the Town Hall to the viewing stand at the northern part of the Seafront.
- At the Mermaid, Neil Delamere is back with a brand new show, Delamerium at 8 pm. Expect the usual hilarious stories, wry observations and quick-witted improvisation. See mermaidartscentre.ie to book.
Saturday, March 18th 2023:
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s weekend in Killruddery Yard with a special edition of their Farm Market. Listen to performances from musicians while enjoying a unique shopping experience in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere while supporting the local economy and farmers! There’s free parking + admission. Read more at killruddery.com.
- Join the Boomerang Brass Band (UK) live at the clocktower in Enniskerry Village at 12:45 pm.
- Enjoy a showcase of Irish Dancing which includes exhilarating performances from Lawless Academy of Irish Dancing, Dunphy School of Irish Dance, Scoil Rince Fáinne, and Shauna McGauran School of Irish Dancing at the Seafront Bandstand from 2 pm.
- Let the brilliant Suzie from White Doodle Face Art delight children with free face painting from 3:15 pm to 5:15 pm at the Seafront Bandstand.
- Irish dance meets Brass – watch the very talented Shauna McGauran School of Irish Dance wow audiences as they showcase their dancing skills with music by The Boomerang Brass Band (UK) on the Seafront Bandstand at 4 pm.
- Cheer on Ireland as they take on England in the final fixture of the 2023 Six Nations Championship on the open-air big screen opposite the bandstand at 5.15 pm.
- Remembering Ronnie – Phelim Drew, celebrated actor and son of The Dubliners’ Ronnie Drew, brings his fabulous music show to Mermaid Arts Centre at 8 pm. See mermaidartscentre.ie to book.
Sunday, March 19th 2023:
- The Bray Head Walk is back again this year. Take in some of the most stunning views of Bray and surrounding areas with a guided walk with Bray Adventures up and around the amazing Bray Head. Sign up for free here. Places are limited – booking is essential.
- The Bray Vintage Car Club will be showcasing some of their member’s beautiful classic and vintage cars from 2 pm to 4 pm opposite the Bandstand.
- Enjoy a spectacular Hip Hop dance off with Studio X Dance Group at the Seafront Bandstand from 1 pm.
- Free movies by the bandstand – Bring a deckchair, blanket or a bean bag to ensure maximum snugness, some popcorn, treats and enjoy Roald Dahl’s Matilda the Musical at 2 pm and Elvis at 4 pm with thanks to Bird’s Euroshow Funfair. Terms apply see below.
Monday, March 20th 2023:
- The Bray Cualann Historical Society will be reeling in the years with a historical talk at 8 pm. Learn about Bray through the Movies from 1929 to 1966 at the Bray and District Chamber of Commerce House. Admission is free with no registration required.
Scroll down further down this page to view and download the festival pocket guide and map, take part in the festival competition to win a Funfair Family Golden Ticket, listen to the festival’s Homegrown Irish Music Spotify Playlist 2023, how to get to Bray, and more.
Be sure to stay up to date with Bray’s St. Patrick’s Festival event news and updates by following bray.ie on Twitter, Facebook or on Instagram.
2023 Festival Pocket Guide
If you can’t view the document above, you can view it here.
Download the 2023 St. Patrick’s Festival Bray Pocket Guide – Please consider the environment before printing!
Learn how to Irish dance with a virtual Céilí by Scoil Rince Fáinne
Festival Competition is now closed
Up for grabs was a Funfair Family Golden Ticket (unlimited funfair access throughout St. Patrick’s Day (Friday, March 17th 2023). The golden ticket is non-transferable.
Thanks to everyone who entered!
The competition closed on Friday, March 10th, 2023 at 6 pm. The winner will be contacted directly. Terms and conditions apply, which are available to read here.
Homegrown Irish Music Spotify Playlist 2023
Listen up are you a local artist or band and want to feature on our #PaddysBray ‘Homegrown Irish Music’ Spotify playlist for 2023? Well, send your Spotify link to firstname.lastname@example.org or via WhatsApp +353 85 851 2455 for consideration. Listen to the playlist here.
Bray Parade 2023 Photo Gallery
Why not make a break for Bray this St. Patrick’s long weekend
There’s plenty to keep you busy between events. You can explore things to see and do, eat and drink, places to stay + more. by simply hitting the menu button.
Getting to Bray
Getting to Bray couldn’t be simpler as the town has a substantial public transport network, both north from Dublin and south from County Wicklow and County Wexford. Please plan your journey here.
‘Movies by the bandstand’ Terms & Conditions
- The ‘Movies by the bandstand’ screenings are a free event
- All films will start at 2 pm and/or 4 pm
- Please dress appropriately for the weather
- You can bring a blanket, deck chair or camp chair
- No pets are allowed
- There’s no alcohol allowed
- Our ‘Movies by the bandstand’ screenings are age appropriate. The onus is on the parent to decide if the movie is suitable for their child to watch
- If attending the ‘Movies by the bandstand’ screenings children must be accompanied by an adult
- The screenings will take place on Bray Seafront at the bandstand, please be good to the environment, respect your town, and take everything home with you
- There is parking throughout the seafront
- The event team reserves the right to refuse admission
- ‘Movies by the bandstand’ screenings are weather permitting, if bad weather is forecast, screenings may/will be cancelled
- Technical issues, glitches or failures are unforeseen. Our event team will try and find a solution. Please be patient and have some respect for our on-the-ground teams. If a solution can’t be found it may result in the screening being cancelled without notice. Unfortunately, sometimes these things happen at outdoor events. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause
Bray’s St. Patrick’s Festival is proudly brought to you by Bray & District Chamber of Commerce, Wicklow County Council and Bray.ie. Bray.ie is the trading name of Bray Tourism.
Latest news – Be sure to stay up to date by following bray.ie on Twitter, Facebook or on Instagram.
Share images or videos of your own trip or holiday moments in Bray Join the conversation – Festival hashtags are #StPatricksFestivalBray #PaddysBray #PaddysBré #Bray #LoveBray.
Parade participating groups
We want to extend a huge thank you to the many businesses, artists, community groups and clubs that helped to make this year’s parade happen. We could not have done it without you:
- 11th Wicklow Kilmacanogue Beavers Group
- 12th Wicklow St. Peter’s Bray Scout Group
- Ardmore Rovers Football Club
- Bray Adventurers
- Bray Community First Responders
- Bray Emmets GAA Club
- Bray For Love
- Bray Hockey Club
- Bray Junior Musicals
- Bray Lions Club
- Bray Vintage Car Club
- Crumlin Marching Band
- Enniskerry Youth club AFC
- Gerry Martin & Ruby, the Collie in the Fire Brigade
- Lakers Social and Recreation
- Lawless Academy of Irish Dancing
- Masters Temple Martial Arts Academy
- McGrath Flood School of Irish Dancing
- Me and The Moon
- Shankill GAA
- Shauna McGauran School of Irish Dancing
- Signal Arts
- Southside Chinese Residents Association
- Peters Football Club
- Studio X Dance Group
- The Boomerang Band (UK)
- The Perfect Stone Company
- Twilight Twirlers
- World Cup Blitz (In aid of Make a Wish)
A large festival like this wouldn’t be possible without the great support, enthusiasm and expertise of our committee, service providers, volunteers, participants and emergency services. Thank you also to our sponsors who fund all the events.