Bígí linn ag gceiliúradh ár Lá Náisiúnta…
Tá an Fhéile Naomh Pádraig and bParáid na Féile Bré ar ais tar éis neamhláithreachta dhá bhliain. Beidh an fhéile ar siúl ón gCéadaoin, 16ú Márta go dtí Dé Domhnaigh, 20ú Márta, 2022.
Bain taitneamh as siamsaíocht go sármhaith, san áireamh; aonach siamsaíochta, ceol beo, Céilí faoin aer, seó puipéad, amharclann sráide, siúlóidí, cosáin agus, ar ndóigh, an príomhimeacht, an bParáid na Féile nó gabh ceol traidisiúnta beo Éireannach ar cheann de na hionaid iomadúla ar fud an baile.
Tá súil againn go mbainfidh tú taitneamh as gach imeacht a bheith ar siúl ar rith an féile.
Join us in celebrating our National Day…
Bray rolls out the green carpet as the St. Patrick’s Festival and Parade makes a welcome return after a two-year absence. The festival will run from Wednesday, March 16th until Sunday, March 20th, 2022.
Top-class family entertainment is guaranteed with Bird’s Euroshow Funfair, an open-air Céilí, street theatre, walks, trails, a treasure hunt, the Bray Parade or simply catch some great live music at one of the many venues throughout the town.
President of the Bray & District Chamber of Commerce, Sarah Finnegan said ‘I’m really delighted to see the return of Bray’s St. Patrick’s Festival and Parade. The festival showcases the very best of Irish culture and craic. We hope you enjoy all we have to offer over the five-day festival’.
The St. Patrick’s Day Parade will return to the streets of Bray, celebrating the many cultures, communities and organisations. The Parade will take on a new route this year, with excellent vantage points for all to get a chance to admire the strong 1,500 participants as they will weave their way through the town in spectacular fashion.
This year, we have teamed up with the Bray Autism Friendly Group and we are delighted to say that there will be a quiet zone at the Parade on the corner of Quinsboro Road and the Carlisle grounds.
The Parade Grand Marshall this year is Bray ‘Person of the Year’ Broadcaster Declan Meehan.
There will be road closures in place on Thursday, March 17th from 1 pm until after 3 pm to facilitate the new Parade route. Roads affected include Main Street, Florence Road, Eglinton Road, Quinsboro Road, Seymour Road, Seapoint Road, Strand Road and surrounding junctions.
This year’s St. Patrick’s Festival has something for all the family. Take a look at the highlights:
Events / activities running throughout the festival from Wednesday, March 16th until Sunday, March 20th:
- Enjoy all the thrills and spills of the Bird’s Euroshow Funfair as it returns to Bray Seafront on Wednesday, March 16th until Sunday, March 20th, 2022. It opens on Wednesday, March 16th at 3 pm then daily from 12 noon to 10 pm.
- At your leisure grab the family or a bunch of friends for an adventuresome day out with our new Family Treasure Hunt Experience where you could win a voucher for The Dough Box, Bray. Click here to access the questionnaire. The closing date is Sunday, March 20th, 2022 at 6 pm. Terms and conditions apply, which are available to read here.
- Throughout the festival watch as iconic Bray District landmarks including the Town Hall, Civic Offices and The Bandstand #GoGreen in celebration of our National Day.
- Join Susie from White Doodle Workshops in celebrating St. Patrick’s Day by learning multiple ways to create your own shamrock! The video workshop will premier on this page at 12 noon on March 5th 2022 – scroll down this page to watch the workshop or click here to view it on YouTube!
- There’s some cracking live music throughout the town’s many venues. Full music listings can be found here.
Thursday, March 17th 2022:
Bray Parade made a spectacular return on Thursday, March 17th. Thousands took advantage of the spring sunshine as they were treated to the sights and sounds of marching bands, majorettes, local community groups, businesses, clubs and schools as they weaved their way through the town in a remarkable fashion.
Over 30 groups took part in the parade which featured a large multicultural element, music, dance and entertainment all celebrating the spirit of St. Patrick.
RTÉ News Parade Round-up
Bray’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade features 1.50 seconds in:
In Kilkenny, today's #StPatricksDay parade was the main event in a week-long festival celebrating Irish music, culture and creativity. In Waterford, dozens of members of the Ukrainian community drew warm applause | https://t.co/LM9SLA5myA pic.twitter.com/RfdHDUwo3u
— RTÉ News (@rtenews) March 17, 2022
President of the Bray & District Chamber of Commerce, Sarah Finnegan said, “It’s fantastic to be back as the return of the St. Patrick’s Festival to Bray is of huge significance for the town and its community. I have to say that the feel-good atmosphere at today’s parade was electric. The parade participants wowed the strong crowd which was great to see once again. The festival continues until Sunday with some incredible free family fun events taking place throughout Bray.
Bray Parade 2022 Photo Gallery
A big thanks to everyone who participated in today's #BrayParade… And the awards go to… Watch parade MC Adam Burke announce the 2022 parade winners. #StPatricksFestivalBray info ➜ https://t.co/nRtnGc8C7y #PaddysBray #SpringInBray pic.twitter.com/c9ZxX2Uac0
— bray.ie (@bray_ie) March 17, 2022
Friday, March 18th 2022
- The Bray Head Walk is back again this year with Bray Adventures at 10 am. This event is fully booked.
- Join the Boomerang Brass Band (UK) live at the clocktower in Enniskerry Village for an afternoon of big band music at 12:30 pm.
- The Bray Cualann Historical Society will be reeling in the years with a historical talk about Bray at 3 pm. This event is fully booked.
- Irish dance meets brass… Watch the very talented Shauna McGauran School of Irish Dance wow audiences as they showcase their dancing skills with music by The Boomerang Brass Band on the bandstand from 4 pm.
- Celebrate Ireland’s oral traditions with poetry, storytelling and songs from Len Graham, Theo Dorgan and Jack Lynch at the Mermaid. See mermaidartscentre.ie to book.
Saturday, March 19th 2022
- Watch some spectacular outdoor circus performances including handstands, magic, juggling & escapology routines at the Civic Plaza on Saturday, March 19th at 2 pm & at the Holy Redeemer on the Main Street at 4 pm
- The Bray Vintage Car Club will be showcasing some of their member’s beautiful classic and vintage cars from 2 pm to 4 pm opposite the Bandstand.
- Enjoy a spectacular performance from Scoil Rince Fáinne as they showcase their Irish dancing skills on Bray’s iconic bandstand at 4 pm.
- Watch Ireland take on Scotland in the ultimate Celtic clash on the open-air big screen opposite the bandstand at 4.45 pm.
Sunday, March 20th 2022
- From 11 am at the boathouse beside the coffee dock why not let the brilliant Suzie create some cheeky face painting designs and then learn how to Irish dance with the Shauna McGauran School.
- To finish the weekend off why not enjoy live music from Jamie Duff on the bandstand at 4 pm.
Scroll down further down this page to view and download the festival pocket guide and map, take part in the festival competition to win a Funfair Family Golden Ticket, listen to the festival’s Homegrown Irish Music Spotify Playlist 2022, how to get to Bray and more.
All information stated on this page and in the festival pocket guide is correct at the time of publication. All events are subject to change without notice and may be dependant on weather.
Festival Pocket Guide
Download the 2022 St. Patrick's Festival Bray Pocket Guide – Please consider the environment before printing!
Festival Competition – Now closed
Thanks to everyone who entered the Funfair Family Golden Ticket (unlimited funfair access throughout St. Patrick’s Day) competition. A family can consist of two adults with up to three children. The competition closed on Friday, March 11th, 2022 at 6 pm.
A big congratulations to Fiona Molloy winner of the Funfair Family Golden Ticket. We’ll be in contact with you directly to arrange prize collection.
Terms and conditions apply, which are available to read here.
Create your own shamrock workshop
Homegrown Irish Music Spotify Playlist 2022
Listen up are you a local artist or band and want to feature on our #PaddysBray ‘Homegrown Irish Music’ Spotify playlist for 2022? Well, send your Spotify link to email@example.com or via WhatsApp +353 85 851 2455 for consideration. Listen to the playlist here.
Festival event locations, parade route places to visit, stay, dine and socialise in (Click on image to enlarge)
Please consider the environment before printing!
There’s plenty to keep you and your family busy between events so why not make a break for Bray this St. Patrick’s long weekend
Take a dip in the waters of our Blue Flag beach if you’re brave enough, explore our incredible coastline, experience the underwater world at SeaLife, open up your imagination by exploring the award-winning Brave Maeve Story Trail.
Go Tenpin Bowling at Bray Bowl, enjoy a world of entertainment all under one roof at Star Amusements, be inspired at Cool Planet Experience the first climate action visitor experience in the world, make a splash with family and friends at Shoreline’s swimming pool.
Bray is the perfect safe staycation destination, whether it’s a festive family holiday or simply a weekend break this spring, why not plan your visit by utilising our award-winning website. Simply hit the menu button to explore things to see and do, eat and drink, places to stay + more.
Getting to Bray
Getting to Bray couldn’t be simpler as the town has a substantial public transport network, both north from Dublin and south from County Wicklow and County Wexford. Please plan your journey here.
Join the conversation – Festival hashtags are #StPatricksFestivalBray #PaddysBray #BrayHeadWalk #HistoricalTalkBray #Bray #LoveBray.
Parade participating groups
We would like to extend a huge thank you to the many businesses, artists, community groups and clubs that helped to make this year’s parade happen:
- 11th Wicklow Kilmacanogue Beavers
- 12th Wicklow Bray Scout Group
- Ardmore Rovers Football Club
- Bears of Bray
- Bray Adventures
- Bray Emmets GAA Club
- Bray Hockey Club
- Bray Junior Musicals
- Bray Lions Club
- Bray Vintage Car Club
- Classic American Motors Ireland
- Curragh SAC
- Dunphy School of Irish Dancing
- Enniskerry Youth Club AFC
- Jai Sua Muay Thai Bray
- Jure Kastelan High School,Trg kralja Tomislava 2, 21310 Omiš, Croatia
- Lakers Social and Recreation
- Manavikam Indian Cultural Association, Bray
- Mariners Baseball Ireland
- Masters Temple Martial Arts
- Order of Malta Ireland – Ambulance Corps Bray
- Shankill GAA
- Shauna McGauran School of Irish Dance
- Signal Arts Centre
- Peter’s Football Club
- The Boomerang Band (UK)
- The Crumlin Marching Band
- Twilight Twirlers
- Urban X Hip Hop
- Wicklow Triple A Alliance
- Zdravstvena škola (Medical & Health School)
A large festival like this wouldn’t be possible without the great support, enthusiasm and expertise from our committee, service providers, volunteers, participants and the emergency services. Thank you also to our sponsors who fund all the events.