Bray.ie has launched its summer tourism campaign for 2022 today (Friday, June 3rd 2022). The campaign aims to promote the many tourism products and the fantastic family fun-filled events on offer in the much-loved seaside resort this summer.
You can watch Movies by the bandstand in July, enjoy all the thrills and spills of the Seafront Funfair from July 16th until August 1st, join the outdoor party vibe at Bray’s newest festival Beach BBQ Festival on July 16th & 17th, be amazed by the flying skills at Ireland’s biggest Air Display on July 24th, explore the spectacular views from Bray Head or be wowed with stunning fireworks as they light up the night skies on the August Bank Holiday Monday.
Eugene Finnegan from Bray Tourism said, “After a two-year hiatus, concerts, festivals, other big events are returning to Bray this summer. I am thrilled that we can bring back our iconic summer programme of family-friendly events. These activities will help to bring a sense of normalcy back to our town while also strengthening the local economy.”
The great family-friendly events include:
- Bray Vintage Car Club’s ‘Seafront Show’ takes place on Sunday, June 5th
- Hell & Back returns to Killruddery on selected dates in June, July and August
- Sunday Summer Sounds on the Seafront Bandstand kicks off on June 12th at 2 pm
- Bray will mark International Day of Yoga by hosting a Yoga Day on Saturday, June 18th
- The Bray Seafront Art & Photography Exhibition returns to the seafront and takes place on Sunday, June 26th, Bank Holiday Monday, August 1st and Sunday, August 28th from 12 pm to 4 pm
- Movies by the bandstand on Wednesday, July 6th and Wednesday, July 13th. Sing 2 will be screened at 6 pm followed by The Greatest Showman at 8:30 pm on Wednesday, July 6, 2022.
We’ve another double bill of ‘Free Movies by the Bandstand’ this Wednesday, July 13th! Space Jam: A New Legacy at 6 pm & Grease at 8:30 pm. You just need to bring the 🍿… Please remember to #ShopLocalFirst. Read more below!
- The Seafront Fun Fair returns to Bray Seafront from Saturday, July 16th to August 1st
- Bray’s newest festival Beach BBQ Festival turns up the heat on July 16th & 17th
- Eyes to skies as Ireland’s biggest air show the Bray Air Display returns on July 24th
- A stunning fireworks display takes place on Bank Holiday Monday, August 1st. We’re encouraging locals to walk to the event on Bray seafront as there will be limited parking.
- Heritage Week from August 13th to 21st
There’s plenty to keep you busy between events too as Bray is packed full of incredible experiences that you can’t get anywhere else…
From taking a stroll along the Victorian promenade to exploring the breathtakingly beautiful scenery from Bray Head or the dramatic rocky coastline along the partially open Cliff Walk (Read more here about alternative routes to explore the great outdoors in Bray), enjoying the great social scene to experiencing the vibrant town centre.
Go Tenpin Bowling at Bray Bowl, enjoy a world of entertainment all under one roof at Star Amusements, be inspired at Cool Planet Experience the first climate action visitor experience in the world, make a splash with family and friends at Shoreline’s swimming pool or have a great paintball battle with Delta Force at Killruddery.
Step back in time and experience the incredible heritage at Killruddery House and Gardens or learn about the 800 years of history at Powerscourt Estate. While at Powerscourt why not take in a Distillery Tour & Whiskey Tasting Experience.
Tee off at one of the many renowned golf courses, which have remarkable views of Bray and South County Dublin. But, if you simply just want to relax and rejuvenate yourself you can at some of the best spa’s which are right on our doorstep.
The Bray District has a great selection of high-quality accommodation to choose from, close to all local amenities and superb onsite facilities. Discover a great place to stay here.
Cllr Aoife Flynn Kennedy, Cathaoirleach of Bray Municipal District said, “Bray is the perfect destination, whether it’s a family holiday, a weekend break or simply a day trip so why not make a break for it and soak up the long summer days here in Bray. Head over to bray.ie and start to plan your visit.”
‘Movies by the bandstand’ Terms & Conditions
- The ‘Movies by the bandstand’ screenings are a free event
- All films will start at 6:00 pm and/or 8:30 pm
- Please dress appropriately for the weather
- You can bring a blanket, deck chair or camp chair
- No pets are allowed
- There’s no alcohol allowed
- Our ‘Movies by the bandstand’ screenings are age appropriate. The onus is on the parent to decide if the movie is suitable for their child to watch
- If attending the ‘Movies by the bandstand’ screenings children must be accompanied by an adult
- The screenings will take place on Bray Seafront at the bandstand, please be good to the environment, respect your town, and take everything home with you
- There is parking throughout the seafront
- The event team reserves the right to refuse admission
- ‘Movies by the bandstand’ screenings are weather permitting, if bad weather is forecast, screenings may/will be cancelled
- Technical issues, glitches or failures are unforeseen. Our event team will try and find a solution. Please be patient and have some respect for our on-the-ground teams. If a solution can’t be found it may result in the screening being cancelled without notice. Unfortunately, sometimes these things happen at outdoor events. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause
Share images or videos of your own trip or holiday moments in Bray
Share your own images or videos of your best holiday moments in Bray using the hashtags #SummerInBray, #KeepDiscovering and #LoveBray.
Bray is a coastal town in County Wicklow and is situated about 20 km south of Dublin city centre on the east coast. It is the ninth-largest urban area within the Republic of Ireland.
Bray is a resort town making it a destination for tourists and day-trippers, with a great social scene, bustling town centre, and thriving industry.
Irish Rail, Dublin Bus, Go-Ahead Ireland on behalf of Transport for Ireland,Bus Éireann, Finnegan’s Bray, Aircoach, St. Kevin’s Bus Service to Glendalough and the M11 and M50 motorways provide commuter links between Bray and the rest of the country.
Bray.ie won ‘Best Connected Council‘ at the All-Ireland Community & Council Awards in 2017. Read more here.
The Bray Air Display and the ‘Summer in Bray’ tourism initiative have won Silver at The All Ireland Community and Council Awards in 2019. Read more here.
The #SummerinBray campaign are supported by Bray Chamber, Wicklow County Council and Bray.ie. Bray.ie is a trading name of Bray Tourism.
Campaign tagline – ‘Splash into summer 2022 & make a break for Bray.’
Join the conversation – Campaign hashtags are #SummerInBray #KeepDiscovering #LoveBray